The well-liked and short Nepal Helambu trek path situated north of Kathmandu city, The Sherpa group of residence Helambu trek offers easy gate way from Kathmandu. Helambu trekking package starts with short drive to Sundarijal from Kathmandu - Chisapani-Kutumsang- Thadepati- Tarke Ghyang to Sermanthang and ends at Melamchi Bazaar.
Helambu Hiking leads up with Shivapuri national park jungle and arrive at the Chisapani where from the observations of Dorje Lakpa [6,966meter] with Langtang Himalayan range can be seen. Continuing crumple line via Kutumsang the trail arrives at Thare pati before truning east to Melamchi Gaon.
Tharepati is joint place of Nepal Helambu trek. This Nepal Helambu Trekking can be combining with Langtang-Gosainkunda trek as well. Your trek goes on to Shermathang ahead of downward to the Melamchi River bridge to end your Helambu trekking with Melamchi to Kathmandu drive. Helambu trek in Nepal presents Pine jungles, leisurely moving streams and snow capped Mountains.
Our other Trekking package around Langtang - Helambu region are : Langtang Valley Trekking 7 Nights/ 8 Days , Langtang- Gosaikunda Pass-Helambu Trek 13 Nights/ 14 Days
Facts of the Trek Route
Length: 06 days walk
Starts: from Kathmandu, Ends: In Kathmandu
Max: Altitude: 3650 m.
Group size: Any
Best Season: March-April-May/Sep-Oct-November
Mode of trekking: Tea house (Camping on request)
The Helambu trek lies north part of kathmandu until Sherpa community offering vast collection of sherpa's life style, cultures and many more
Day By day Itinerary of Helambu Trekking
Day 01: Kathmandu arrival and trek homework [1,300m/4264ft]
As soon as you manage your visa inside Kathmandu airport please look our represantative together with Adventure Discovery Treks show board with your name listed on it. Then you wil be transfer to kathmandu Hotel and evening the Helambu trek details briefing will be givan.
Day 02: Drive to Sundarijal and trek to Chisapani (2,300m/7444ft] 4 hours walk
An hour drive from your Kathmandu Hotel to Sundarijal (1350m) where the walk starts, Then Helambu trek starts along small Hydroelectric plant with well furnished steps to entrance gate of Shivapuri National park. The first village Mulkharka typically populated with Tamang community then we continue our trek through jungles of Oak and rhododendron until we arrive at Chisapani. Stay Overnight.
Day 03: Chisapani to Kutumsang [2446m/8023ft] 6 hours walk
As we take our morning breakfast we start trek down to Pati Bhanjyang (5806ft) afterward the hike goes up to Gul Bhanjyang (7,019ft) now we got to climb another pass about approximately 8,700ft and again descents down to Kutumsang for overnight stay.
¬†Day 04: Kutumsang to Thadepati (3650m/11972ft) 7 hours walk
Today frequently we walk throughout jungles of rhododendron and fir as we will not meet the lasting people‚Äôs settlements although we arribe at Magen Goth where we meet few tea house and lodge. The trek keeps on to Yurin Danda which presents superb outlook of Gosainkunda and Langtang Himalayan range. Further little climb to Tharepani where Langtang Gosainkunda trek to Helambu meets. Stay overnight at Thadepani.
Day 05: Thadepati to Tarke Ghyang (2560m/8397ft] 5 hours walk
Rotating east, the first steps go down through thin gorge and we pass the Melamchi Khola then crossing Sherpa society we trek up. Melamchi gaun also offers some lodges and artistic Gompas. This village is more known as Helambu as the majority of the citizen belongs to the Helmu social group. Hike up to tarke Ghyang and stay overnight.
Day 06: Trek Tarke Ghyang to Sermathang [2,610m/8,561ft] 4 & half an hour walk
The easy walking day today as we are in lower height, passing forest, cascade and small torrent the Helambu trek brush roughly the broad valley and ends flanked by Parachin and Sherpa town of Gangyul as we continue trek from Gangyul we arrive at Sermathang. At the top of this town there is old Buddhist monastery which we will explore. Stay Overnight at Sermathang.
Day 07: Trek to Malemchi Pul Bazaar and drive back to Kathmandu. 4 hours trek/2 hours drive.
The final walking day of our trekking, first we trek down to Dubbachaur towards to Melamch where the driving toad meets us. Melamchi Bazaar is populated by Sherpas as well as other societies. ¬†Now we catch the bus to Kathmandu via Panchkhal on Kodari highway for 2 hours. Adventure Discovery will host farewell dinner at the evening for you. Stay overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 08: Final Departure to your own destinationsYour Nepal Helambu Trek has come at the end so if you have few days time left and want to do some other hike or trip please do let us know. If not, We transfer you to Kathmandu airport for your final departure. Have good flight!!!!!!!!!!!
Cost Includes & Excludes on:Cost Includes on:
- Entire Airport /Hotel transports
- Two nights in Hotel [Depends on your interest] with Breakfast in Kathmandu
- Best available lodges/tea houses during the trek.
- All lodging and foods/meals during the trek
- Farewell ¬†dinner
- A trek leader- Well English speaking, experienced, Assistant trek guide (4 trekkers:1 assistant guide) and required Sherpa porters to carry the your bags (2 trekkers :1 porter) together with their payments, assurance, gears, foods and accommodations
- Down Jackets, sleeping bags, Adventure Discovery treks duffel bag, Trekking map and t-shirts ( Sleeping bags and down jackets are returnable)
- All necessary entr√©e fees permits and paper works (National park permits and TIMS)
- Entire administration and Local taxes
Cost does not includes:
- Nepal Visa Fees (you should bring accurate USD cash and two passport size pictures)
- Personal expenses (Shopping, Laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, mineral water or boiled water, Phone calls, shower etc)
- Your lunch and dinners in Kathmandu (This apply also early come back from trek then the fixed itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu due to early arrival or late departure, early come back from trek (due to any case) than the fixed itinerary
- International fare/arrival taxes/departure taxes to and from Kathmandu
- Trip and rescue insurance
- Tips for guides and porters/ Donations